Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bambi VS Altima: No Contest

Sometimes in life you just don't know what you are going to run into.


Literally.
Take a look for yourself
Yes it's true. Altima, meet Bambi. Bambi meet Altima. It was a sad night about a month ago driving home from another vigorous day at work.
I was happily driving along University Avenue, when all of the sudden, wildlife appeared right in front of my car.
First:
Yes, University Avenue
Second:
Yes, Wildlife in front of my car

Well, let's just say it wasn't a Cougar (ha ha get it? because BYU is in Provo and their mascot is a Cougar and that would be symbolic of wildlife at the same time!
Nope, it was Bambi and a friend. Don't believe me? Take a look at the fine detail below:

Yup, as I was cruising along at about 50 mph, the two deer appeared right in front of me. I hit the breaks and braced myself for the monumental encounter, and sure enough, I grazed one and hit the other one head on before sliding to a stop on the icy road and looking back to see a herd of their friends dashing into the trees



Now, don't think I'm heartless or anything, it was not a fun experience and I don't enjoy running over furry animals. Thankfully the one went over the top of the car and not through the windshield. Amazingly enough, two other cars hit deer at nearly the same time, and neither of them got hurt either. That's what matters most.



After calling the police and having a good ole' talk with Officer Chambers of the Provo Police Department at the scene of the demolition derby, he instructed me to fill out a police report and get the insurance and registration out of the vehicle for him.

UH OH!

The Nissan, which I was driving in place of my pretty Mustang because of the crummy weather, was not licensed.
Way to go Jeff.
Wait, Not only that, as I spoke with Officer Chambers, I noticed, my tail light was out and oh yeah, there was no insurance information in the car.

DOUBLE UH OH!!!!
It was at this moment I wish I had a girlfriend who could flirt with him and possibly get me off the hook for such follies and blunders.
But, have no fear, he didn't care (Officer Chambers, I owe you dinner at the Chuck O" Rama), and he let me go without any punishment or problems.
However, I can't say the same about the Nissan:


(Farewell Dear Friend)

Yup, it's true, the Nissan has been deemed "Done For" by some guy in a suit in Salt Lake. So it is off to the totaling yard for it. Great, my first accident (besides hitting an abandoned car in the middle of an open field.... yeah that's another story).

I just wonder... Whatever happened to the grill of the car.....











6 comments:

The Netters Adventures said...

Poor Altima!! It kind of looks like my car, but my car didn't hit a deer it was a huge van!! And the damage sustained to my car isn't life threatening!!

Bristow Family said...

You should say... "Farewall DEER friend". :-)

Glad you didn't get hurt.

Linkous said...

sorry about your car! it's great to hear from you and see your blog! We're back in Utah til August and it would be fun to see you and introduce you to Elle (Little Linkous #2)! Our number is 676-9473--we went to Mikkleson's homecoming a few weeks ago--crazy! take care and stay off University Ave.
La famille Linkous

The Netters Adventures said...

Poor Alitma!!! It kind of looks like my car, but my car didn't hit Bambi it a grotesque van!! But the damage sustained to my car wasn't life threatening!! So long Altima you were a good car!

Jentrie Darling said...

sad story jeffery! and you didnt tell me about this sad story in math class because.....????... man atleast you were not in your beautiful red hot mustang, that would be sad if you dented that beauty up! but none the less the altima is still sad! glad your alive to tell the story though!

Erin said...

I can't believe that you hit a deer on University Ave. What are the odds of that. That also sucks about the car you were driving. . .I guess it could've been worse. Glad you are okay though!