Sunday, May 4, 2008

Much More Respect for the Swiss Family Robinson

Well,

The past two weekends have just been a party at the ole' Mathewson homestead.

Well sort of....
After last summer's saga of moving into a new house, you wouldn't think there would be another summer project,
well Coach and Deb outdid themselves again.
With the combined construction skills of Coach, Big Mike, Nate and myself, we attempted to conquer the...

PLAYGROUND OF DOOM!!!!!
After countless of hours on the first Saturday, and 11 more on the next, the Mathewson's version of the Swiss Family Robinson's Jungle House was complete.
Worst part is.....
All four of the construction workers are too big for it.
well we'll see anyways
Here's some highlights from the construction extravaganza



Only 100 steps, and needless to say, trying to figure out the tunnel/balance beams was the worst part. But yes, we finally figured it out.


More candid shots of the construction site including Mama Deb finally convincing Mike and I to actually pose for a photo.....Man it was a good time.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I thought it would take you guys at least a month. The kids can't wait to come and play in your new house. Good to know that when we need them, we've got at least two "moderately skilled" Swiss-men. Good job!

Ali said...

Yeah for Uncle Jeff and Daddy-o.
All your hard work paid off for the kiddos at least!

Brooke said...

I must say, it is quite the fancy schmancy playhouse. Now I will have a place to sleep when I come to visit & the couch is taken! I am just impressed that you guys followed the actual instructions! Well done!