Thursday, July 17, 2008

The End of a Dynasty

Sadly enough my dear friends, the Knaggers softball team, owned, managed and led by the ferocious dealings of Riley 'Zander went down in a blaze of glory in the Payson Lower A League Softball tournament. Bubba's face below sums up the disappointment.



Even though we were defeated by a team of rundown construction workers, the Knaggers' legend lives on in these candid shots taken by yours truly. So don't put those pennants, foam fingers or any other official Knagger paraphenalia away as of yet, because next season, with the power B.A.C.A. (aka Kortney), L. Tom (Mitchell), and yes even Cecil (Joe l Liddle), the Knaggers are gonna' be runnin' the table.


By the look of astonishment on Tyson's face, it looks like L. Tom has socked a dinger for his fiancee who was in the stands.

Here's B.A.C.A. trying to hit a home run to make $50 for under priveledged kids as part of the B.A.C.A. promise.

The boys strategizin' and Riley is just... well.... doin his thing.
After one of my ill-famed slides on the cement dirt known as Payson's softball fields. I always wondered what it felt like to put my leg through a cheese grater...


Cecil Joe-L Liddle, doin' some mighty fine base coachin'!
Our G.M. Riley getting disciplined by the scorekeeper's for not being able to fill out a lineup card correctly and for putting our nicknames on the paper. That's callin' for a fine from the league commissioner.

The Knaggers, tough, manly and always lookin' for trouble.
(p.s. Thanks for raggin' on my bloggin' skillz Stacey, now i'm even posting at 2 in the morning thanks to you!!! :) )

2 comments:

Jed and Stacey said...

2 in the morning? What are you thinking? You need to start getting your beauty sleep, my friend! As for posting, I'm so proud. If I could, I would give you a big ol' pat on the back right now. Keep up the great work.. I'm loving the posts!

P.S. bummer about losing the tournament.. but hey, there's always next year..! Maybe if you all start wearing your shirts like the kid in the picture, pulled up to your chest, you might distract the dirty construction bum teams and win..

Jentrie Darling said...

J doggie... I am so sorry to hear you boys lost... I hate it when you and bubba are sad! but on a lighter note... I am loving your shirt that you are wearing here... nice! whoever gave you that shirt...well lets just say she is ok in my book!